Friday, March 18, 2016

Memories of Our Grandma



Our Grandma was a lovely person. Strong-willed and smart. She taught me how to cook pot roast, potatoes and carrots in one pot. I loved her cherry cheesecake. She gave me the recipe.

She told us over and over a story about my son Nihat. She said every time we visited her when he was a toddler he head straight to the fridge and look for grapes. He would stand there and eat them, calling them gropes.. She used to call us quiet often and say let's go get some ice cream cones, and we would go to McDonald's drive-thru.

She loved her grandchildren, and she loved to repeat stories about them. Whenever they were sick, she would give me advice on what to do. She always wanted to know everything they were doing after they moved away.

Our Grandma had such beautiful hands. She was always looking at her hands, filing and applying nail polish. Her hands always looked so pretty.

She was  very thoughtful. I learned a lot from her through the years. She was always calling me "my daughter" even though I was her daughter-in-law. She's done many things for us. She really cared about us. Whenever I had any questions I could always call and ask her. I miss her kind face.

We will always love you, Mom. You will always be in our hearts and in our memories.

                                                               Neriman Stavitzke

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like a beautiful lady. I'm so glad you were able to share so many good times with her. God bless.

    ReplyDelete